Let AskSARA guide you

If you are a member of the public looking to access our rapid self-assessment tool, AskSARA, please contact your local authority to access this service.

If you are a local authority or organisation wishing to enquire about obtaining a license for your residents, please contact us at enquiries@livingmadeeasy.org.uk, where we will be happy to assist.

To see a list of current Local Authority & HSCP Licensees, click the button below.

View Licensees

Household aid adaptations

This section includes handgrips, clamps, cuffs and supports to help with using a range of household items.

Foam tubing and finger yokes. Foam tubing may be used to adapt the grip of standard cutlery or other utensils to make it easier to use, for example to increase the width of a spoon. Finger yokes support your fingers on the handle of the cutlery in the best position to undertake a task, for example stabilising the index finger and/or the thumb.

Handgrips and attachments include handles and arm supports that can be attached to a range of objects, and may provide enhanced grip and an ability to hold things with greater firmness and a more comfortable hand position. Some allow some of the weight of a tool to be taken through the forearm. Add-on handles and gripping aids can be used for other items such as golf, sports and cleaning equipment to assist you to use a long handled tool in an upright or sitting position. Some handles are universal in design, meaning they can be used with a range of items such as pens and toothbrushes.

Handgrips for attachment to cutlery are designed for specific cutlery ranges. A larger grip on cutlery or utensils means that your fingers don't need to be wrapped tightly around the cutlery in order to grip it securely. This can be helpful if you have pain in your hands or are unable to form a tight grip. Contoured handles are shaped to fit the contours of your hand, allowing a more secure grip of the handle. Some contoured handles also have finger indentations or are made from slip-resistant materials, helping to prevent your hand from slipping forward.

Forearm supports and stabilisers may assist with eating or drinking. These can be attached to a tray or table top and may help reduce tremor or uncontrolled movements during eating or drinking tasks. They may also be used for other tasks such as writing, computing and personal care, e.g. shaving.

Equipment to secure items in place including art and craft, photographic material, instruments or magnifiers. Items can be secured and positioned on a table or on a wheelchair. Bed attached clamping systems or holders enable objects such as cups and mirrors to be fixed to the bed frame or headboard in a convenient position.

Weighted cuffs may reduce hand tremors when writing or completing personal care tasks.

Sort by:
D-ring Gripping Aids
Wrist attached aids designed to help individuals when using gym equipment. Comprises: fabric aid is attached to the wrist via a Velcro strap; Velcro s...
Add for comparison
Sixth Digit 2
Add for comparison
Active Hands Looped Exercise Aid
Device to assist the user when gripping a wide range of items for example gym equipment, handlebars and tools. Comprises: an adjustable padded wrist s...
Add for comparison
Winter Sports Gripping Aid
Device to assist the user in gripping a wide range of objects for example hand tools, gardening implements and sports equipment such as snooker cues a...
Add for comparison
Hook Aids
Hook aids. Designed to help the user to grip and release equipment, in particular while in the gym or as part of an exercise activity. Comprises: stai...
Add for comparison
Neater Arm Manual Support Zero
Manual arm support designed for users who need support in lifting their arm and keep it in a operational position. Comprises: adjustable counter balan...
Add for comparison
Uccello Kettle
Kettle with its own cradle for pouring. Comprises: removable vessel for water refill; weighted base designed to assist a steady pour; kettle is tilted...
Add for comparison
Coloured Closed Cell Foam Tubing
Tubular foam to enlarge the diameter of writing implements or utensil handles. Dishwasher safe. Range of colours available.
Add for comparison
Plastazote Tubing Foam Gripping Aid
Plastazote tubing with a choice of bore hole size and handle diameter to fit range of utensils. Supplied in range of lengths, to cut as required.
Add for comparison
Peta Arm Support Cuff
Plastic cuff support with soft lining that plugs into any Peta Easi-Grip or long reach tool. Allows some of the weight of a tool to be taken through t...
Add for comparison
Tenura Anti Slip Cutlery Grips
Anti-slip cutlery grips. Can benefit those with arthritis or weakened grip. Can also be used on objects like pens, toothbrushes etc. Comprises: comes ...
Add for comparison
Easi-Grip Add On Handles
Add-on handles which enable conventional garden tools to be converted into ergonomic tools. Comprises: plastic handles with soft feel grip which attac...
Add for comparison
Abiligrip Adapted Foam Grips
Enlarged handgrips for attachment to cutlery, writing and craft implements. Constructed of brightly coloured soft foam.
Add for comparison
Workstands designed to support craft materials, such as embroidery, reading materials and jigsaws. Comprises floor plate located beneath the leg of a ...
Add for comparison
Flexible metal arm with two spring clamps. One end can be attached to a table or tray, and the other end can be used for holding a pattern or magnifie...
Add for comparison
Small Item Gripping Aid
Gripping aid. Comprises: neoprene glove; Velcro-on palm pad with plastic clamp; glove is secured around the hand and wrist via adjustable Velcro strap...
Add for comparison
Limb Difference Gripping Aid
Gripping aid designed for individuals who have fingers or a part of their hand missing. Comprises: wrist section with Velcro strap that is used to sec...
Add for comparison
General Purpose Gripping Aid
Device to assist the user in gripping a wide range of objects for example hand tools, gardening implements and sports equipment such as snooker cues a...
Add for comparison
Ezimate Back Saving Accessory
Plastic handles which can be attached to a range of tools or appliances in order to provide an additional and/or alternative grip position to facilita...
Add for comparison
Gripeeze Home & Garden Gloves
Glove designed for people with reduced grip or wrist control. Comprises: strapping system strengthens grip around the item being held without adding p...
Add for comparison
Elastic Support Tube Grip
Tube strapping system designed to assist with gripping objects. Comprises: elastic construction; tube provides support for the hand and wrist; strappi...
Add for comparison
Kings Cutlery Handles
Range of plastic handgrips, for use with Kings cutlery utensils. Handgrip fits onto plastic spigot at end of cutlery head. Range includes: curved shap...
Add for comparison
Wrist Weights
Range of weighted cuffs for wrist or ankle. Colour coded according to weight and fastened by hook and loop closure.
Add for comparison
Ultralite Handles
Plastazote handles for attachment to utensils such as pens, pencils and cutlery. Sold in packs of five.
Add for comparison
Need More Help?

Need More Help?

If you know that there is a certain product that will help you, feel free to browse through our online catalogue or use our search tool for specific product names. National retailers are listed against each product and you can click on their link to go directly to their website to order that product or contact the retailer for more information. Don't forget to tell them you found their information on our site.

If you are unsure about what you need why not try our AskSARA tool to narrow down your search by considering what areas of daily living you need help with.

If you would prefer to speak to someone for advice about daily living equipment, please contact our Helpline on 0300 999 0004.

Our experienced advisors will help you find the solution to your problem and can send you information on products that might help you, where you can buy equipment and other useful organisations that might be able to help you.

You can also post a question on the Youreable forum. it’s free to join the forum and the community is supportive and knowledgeable. The forum is an online community of and for disabled and older people and their families/carers.

Support us by donating

Need to speak to us?
back to top